RE: XSLT 2.0 format-number() question

The standard conversion rules for passing arguments to functions in
XPath 2.0 are documented in the XPath 2.0 specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/) section 2.2.4. I suspect there are bugs
in the current description of these rules, but the general principles
are sound. I think the XSLT spec probably shouldn't say anything about
the conversions that are applied, this is entirely an XPath matter.

The conversion rules for XPath 1.0 are in the XPath specification,
section 3.2.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com