Re: Writing a stylesheet to create a stylesheet, with XSLT in the XML

> Really? Since he was using d-o-e to output an xslt element (the
> value-of), couldnt he already be using it  to produce the stylesheet
> element?

I have more faith in human nature than you, surely no one would have
anything that horrible:-)

I think the (not totally unreasonable) aim is that you have a stylesheet
being generated from some master template but you want user configuration
to drop in xslt snippets to customise things.

> Either way, using d-o-e to create xslt sounds fishy to me

sure. any use of d-o-e is suspect. But I think here the fact that
the target is xslt is a red herring, so a fish of a different colour.
The issue is (I think) just how to get XML into the output if it started
life in a quoted attribute in the source.
the answers are one of
1) don't start from there
2) use d-o-e
3) write a mini parser (in xslt or an extension function)
   that interprets the string as  markup and creates nodes as
   specified.

1 is best but may not be possible due to other constraints.
2 is simple if portability isn't an issue.
3 is an option if nothing else works.

David