RE: Writing a stylesheet to create a stylesheet, with XSLT in the XML

David wrote:
>But that part must already have been working in the stylesheet as it
was
>generating an XSL stylesheet into which these xsl fragments are being
>dropped. So that stylesheet must already be using namespace alias or
>equivalently using xsl:element to generate xsl namespaced output.

Really? Since he was using d-o-e to output an xslt element (the
value-of), couldnt he already be using it  to produce the stylesheet
element?

For example:

<node>&lt;xsl:stylesheet
	xmlns:xslt="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
	version="1.0"&gt;</node>

With:

<xsl:value-of select="//node" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Produces the stylesheet element perfectly well in the output.

We all know its possible to write an entire stylesheet using d-o-e, and
how its a trap that people new to xslt can fall into all to easily.

I would hazard a guess that he originally hadn't tried (or tried and
failed) using namespace-alias for a 2-pass setup, and instead tried to
implement it by emebedding the second-phase xslt in the xml.  Why else
would you bother?  What situation is there for that kind of setup?

Either way, using d-o-e to create xslt sounds fishy to me

cheers
andrew

---