Re: How to execute an expression XPATH in String

Please do not take threads off list.

> and i want to extract all value at
>> /html/body/Table/tr/td[1]/p,/html/body/Table/tr/td[2]/p,/html/body/Table/tr/td[3]/p........
>     so if i let $path=/html/body/Table/tr/td[1]/p
>                     $tag=td
>                     $index=1,2,..>

It's not at all clear what you mean by "extract" here.
If you just went
select="/html/body/Table/tr/td/p"
then that would select all p from all td elements and you would not need
[1] [2] etc at all.

As I said in my original message if you said what transformation you are
trying to perform it would be a lot easier to help.
the way you are trying to use strings is as if you were programming in
say C and you had  a string
e="x+2"
and an integer variable x with value 3 and you want to somehow get
the string e to evaluate to 5. It is possible to parse the string but
unless you are doing some advanced transformation it is unlikely to be
the natural way of doing anything.

David