Re: netscape won't display anything

[Ming]

> I have some xml files and use java servlet to do the transformation with
> stylesheet. Everything works just fine for IE and the new version of
> Netscape 6.2. But for netscape 4.79, the whole xml file seems to be
> ignored and so the servlet gives me an empty html page with header only.
>
> Has anyone had similar problem?

Netscape before version 6 does not understand XML.  However, it should not
have trouble with html that you create using a servlet on the server.
Usually, when you create html that is also well-formed xml, NS4+ will
display it fine, but it does not like empty tag syntax (<emptytag/>).  You
have to leave a space in front of the closing "/>", or have an attribute in
the tag, for NS4 to recognize it (this usually affects just the <br/> tag).
Since you cannot be sure of having a space there with xslt, it is best to
put in osme dummy attribute.

But the servlet output should not have anything to do with which browser you
use.  If you could explain this part more it would be helpful.

Cheers,

Tom P