Re: accessing node[$position]

--- Peter Davis <pdavis152@attbi.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what the real problem is, but you could
> try this:
>
> descendant::page[position() = $the_position]

Thanks for the reply. I already tried that, and it
still doesn't work.

I'm trying to do this in a recursive function, where
$the_position is a parameter that is incremented with
each call (except in special cases, where I pass a
different value). As mentioned before, if I simply do
the value-of I get the correct number. Typing in a
number directly works fine.

> Looking at the XPath spec, section 2.4, 3rd
> paragraph, it appears that the way
> you are doing it should work as you expect, so long
> as $the_position is
> actually a number of course.  Does Xselerator have
> any documented bugs
> related to your issue?

I don't know.. but I've also been working on this in
XMLSpy, which also has the problem (except that I
can't step through it in XMLSpy). Although, oddly
enough in my experimentation, when I typed the
following in the main template, blah worked as a
position, but not blah2:

<xsl:variable name="blah" select="5"/>
<xsl:variable name="blah2">5</xsl:variable>

Neither worked in Xselerator, though.

I'm beginning to think it's the hex I put on my
computer last week. I really should avoid those hexes.

-Jennifer