Re: xalan:nodeset or xsl:copy-of problem

At 04:24 PM 4/23/2002, you wrote:
>     <xsl:variable name="nodetree">
>       <xsl:for-each select="$full_path[contains($dbs_searched,@db)]">
><!-- $dbs_searched variable is passed from a different stylesheet -->
>         <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
>       </xsl:for-each>
>     </xsl:variable>

   This isn't a solution to your problem (still thinking about it though)
but it might help your readability/efficiency.  I read on topxml.com the
following about copy-of:
   Copies a full tree including attributes to the destination
   document.  If multiple nodes are matched by the select attribute,
   they are all copied.

   This would change the above variable declaration to the following:
<xsl:variable name="nodetree">
   <xsl:copy-of select="$full_path[contains($dbs_searched,@db)]"/>
</xsl:variable>

   In the past, I've created a second temporary variable to hold the
nodeset'ed version.  You might try that as well.

<xsl:variable name="nodetree2" select="xalan:nodeset($nodetree)" />

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.