Using Include File..

Hi,
   Can somebody explain the Performance  issues
related  with using <xsl:include>.I am Using Xalan
Processor.In my Application scenario I had to  choose
between two options

1. Using a Included file which contains Template
defenition for around 50 Templates.This option is
looked after because of code Reusability.I can use
same Template defenition across files

2.Don't Use Include File.Directly put the Template
defenition for each file.Don't go for Reusability.

But i am Not sure which one to choose because i fear
first one may have Performance Issues??

Thanks for your Advices,
Ramesh