Re: Problems with usage of XPath functions as argument in selectNodes method of MSXML2

> I have a problem with usage of XPath functions in selectNodes method
> of MSXML2(Micorsoft XML version 3.0).I was trying to write :
> oXMLDoc.selectNodes("//x[contains(@y,'abc')]")
> But it gives me an error which says that contains is an unknown
> method.But I think the argument passed to the method uses valid XPath

> function.Is this a limitation of MSXML2 or am I missing something.

The XPath you're using is correct.

Most probably oXMLDoc is not a MSXML3 XMLDOMDocument. THe fact that you
have MSXML3 installed does not guarantee that you'd always create
MSXML3 objects. This depends on the ProgID you specify to the
CreateObject() method.

Please, also note that you've been asking a non-XSLT question, which
might be more appropriate for other forums where it stands much better
chance of being answered correctly.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.