Re: Flatten an XML file

[JWM]

> Thanks for the note and, yes, XML Spy can do this to a point and does it
> well...but it will not permit one to add to an Access database if a
primary
> key is set to not permit duplicate entries...at least that's my experience
> with it.
>
> While I could probably work around this, as I'm doing the work for a local
> charitable organization, money, as one might imagine, is sparse.  :)

Well, a primary key should never allow duplicate entries, since the
definition of a primary key is exactly that it is a unique key for a row.
So even if Access could be set to allow it, this capability should not be
turned on, as a matter or good database practice.

You may have to come up with unique key values yourself, and you can
probably do it by using generate-id() on the node that will become a primary
key.

Cheers,

Tom P