spurious attribute

Hi folks

I have a question that has probably been answered before, so I apologise
for my inability to keep up with the list and poor use of the FAQ which I
have already peeked at.

I have some xml I'm transforming either into html or into xhtml. i'd prefer
the latter, but if that's going to cause a problem, i'll settle for the
former). I'm using MSXML 3.0 parser and transforming by running a little JS
script with the Windows Scripting Host. A majority of the tags generated
are coming out with an
xmlsn=""
empty attribute and I don't know why. I'm sure this is something to do with
the xsl:stylesheet and xsl:output elements i'm using, but can't immediately
see what about them may cause this to happen.

Here are those two elements:
version="1.0" mlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
xmlns:xql="#xql-functions" xmlns:auto-ns1="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
xmlns:global="#local-functions">

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" indent="yes"
doctype-public="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
omit-xml-declaration="no"/>

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Simon Dell

PS i'm on digest mode so replies CC'd to my e-mail address would be greatly
appreaciated, though not expected :)