Re: querystring parameters

-- Aniceto López [Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:31:54 +0100]:
>Hi all, newbie question:
>this is the way we work:
>the asp file is generating the xml asigning also a xsl and
>transforming.
>sometimes when the asp is requested some values are added in the
>queryString (i.e.: whatever.asp?msg=sometext&errortype=20)
>is there anyway to get this values inside ths xsl from the
>querystring?
>this is the idea: <xsl:variable name="dni"
>select="querystring.dni.value"/>
>but don't know if possible or just one more of my stupid ideas

ahhh!  I do this quite frequently.  here's a bit of code:

		' Load the XML
		Set xml = CreateObject(DOMDocument_version)
		xml.async = False
		xml.loadXML(process_page)

		'Load the XSL
		Set xsl = CreateObject(DOMDocument_version)
		xsl.async = False
		xsl.setProperty "SelectionLanguage", "XPath"
		xsl.load(process_base)

		Set variableNode = xsl.SelectSingleNode("//*[@name='qualify']")
		If IsObject(importNode) Then
			variableNode.text = qualify
		Else
			Err.Raise 65535,"Unable to retrieve object for xsl:variable tag"
		End If

	in the xsl file i have the line:

<xsl:variable name="qualify"/>

the last six lines gets a reference to that node, and changes the value of the text portion of the node to the "qualify" variable, which I get from the response.form() object.

you can then run your transformation, and the $qualify variable will hold the proper value.

---
Eric Vitiello
Perceive Designs
<www.perceive.net>