Order of template execution

  hi,

In an xsl file i have  templates in this order

Template 1
Template 2
Template 3

1)Is there any order in which the templates are executed?
    If I change the order will the result change?

2)Will the change made by one template affect the source tree?
    Or can I use the result produced by the first template as the source tree for the
          templates following?

 thanks
  Samuel Abraham