Re: character entities

David,

>> Do you have any entities like that?
>
> A few (but I could get rid of those) but then it's not just for me
> (or is it:-)

Well you seem to be the only one moaning about it ;)

> Well actually, i have lots of
>
> <foo>
>  &world;
> </foo>
>
> which are exactly of the form you say except that the bits of teh
> text node that are not in the entity are white space (and in these
> cases the entity is just element content, so i suppose if I had
> strip-space set for foo....)

Is &world; a string or does it start and end with an element? If it's
a string, and you'd want that to be handled, then strip-space would
have to start being more sophisticated (though I imagine possibly
easier to implement, given that SAX/DOM does split things like the
above into a text node, an entity reference node and a text node).

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/