RE: cdata output and different xslt processors

> > my output to the browser is:
> >   <menu id="mnItem_GenSite">Generate Site</myMenu:menu>
>
> that's not even well formed:
>
> did you really get <menu> ending </myMenu:menu>
>
> I suspect not.

arrrgghhh, I made a mistake when typing in the email editor...

> > does this make the problem clear?
>
> not really:-) If you want to generate elements in some namespace in the
> result, you just need to specify them in the stylesheet. In order to
> specify them in the stylesheet you need to declare the namespace
> there. If you use CDATA as you showed then you are not outputting a tree
> but just a single stream of text with the linear syntax of an xml file.
> XSLT is not particularly good at manipulating large chunks of text it;
> isn't designed for that, it's designed for outputting XML.

OK, when I declare the namespace I DO get:
<menu id="mnItem_GenSite">Generate Site</menu>

How would I declare the namespace on the server-side transformation XSLT to
get it to show up to the browser as:
<myMenu:menu id="mnItem_GenSite">Generate Site</myMenu:menu>

Thanks,
-Rob