RE: schema-1 (was something about keys, a long while ago)

> The case of attributes would have been more touchy (maybe the attributes
> were really a bad idea in XML, after all) but I am convinced we could
> find a way to express the PSVI by adding elements and attributes in a
> specific namespace instead of creating new information items...

I almost started down this path but found I didn't understand the guts well
enough to come up with a plausible syntax and/or example.  This certainly
would get me what I need.  Moreover, unless I get paranoid about trying to
reflect super classes and multiple inheritance I believe that this would
suffice for just about all needs?