RE: keys and idrefs - XSLT2 request?

"Michael Kay" <mhkay@iclway.co.uk> wrote
[stuff]
> But there
> are still a lot of options on the table regarding the use of schema
> information, e.g. whether it has to be available statically or dynamically,
> whether you can choose to ignore the schema/DTD even if one exists, and so
> on.

I got the impression that XPath 2.0 is mainly dependent on primitive
data types assigned to element content or attributes. Hmm, do you think
it is useful to have some sort of "mode" where the XSLT processor
decides where a datatype makes a difference in the processing of the
data, and then loads lazily only the parts of the schema which are
of interest, without a full validation? I mean, if i'm copying stuff
i don't care whether it's declared to be a date, but i do care if
i use it as a sort key. I don't think full validation is a good idea
if a XML document is served again and again via server side XSL, but
it might be convenient to have data types from the schema available
during the transformation for the parts where it matters.

Regards
J.Pietschmann