RE: Javascript as an Include file in xsl

> I been brought into an existing project that is XML/XSL
> based. Even with
> limited XSL experience, I see a huge maintenance nightmare evolving.
> According to the consultants working on the project with us,
> they have found
> no way to put needed client side JavaScript functions into an
> include file.
> So all JavaScript functions are being duplicated on every
> page.  Since the
> maintenance of this product will fall on my shoulders, I want
> to find a
> better solution.  Is there a way to include a .js file that
> the XSLT parser
> will accept?  Thank you for your time.

I guess you're using MSXML3 (using extension functions is
product-dependent). I don't know if MSXML3 allows separate .js files, but
you can always use <xsl:include> to include a stylesheet module that
contains only the <msxsl:script> elements.

Of course a better way out of the maintenance nightmare is to stop using
Javascript entirely, and write all your code in XSLT.

Mike Kay