Re: Create CDATA Section in XML Output

> I need to output a CDATA tag in the XML output.

that's unlikely, CDATA is justa convenience for input, to save you
writing < everywhere.

> It looks as if every single token is being placed in
> a seperate CDATA section, instead of one CDATA
> surrounding the contents of the tag.

which I suppose is legal, but not what most XSLT systems do.

>  I get the correct output for the
> grammar tag, but the VoiceXML interpreter won't accept
> it without the CDATA surrounding.

Is that really true? that's weird. After the XML parse, the application
(voice XML in this case) shouldn't care how the file looked.

> I'm using Xerces/Xalan. Any solutions would be greatly

do you have to use that. Does for example saxon give more acceptable
output?

David