Re: xsl element with mark of exclamation

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> and others said things like

>Your saying that  <!NameFunction="Save"> is "html source" does not make it so.
>The file you are trying to create is not html. If you give such a file
>to any html parser it should reject it. Conversly if there is a program
>on your Palm that accepts such files, then that program is not an HTML
>system....

Oh, dear. http://www.google.com/search?q=%22if+supportMisalignedColumns%22
reports a whole bunch of "html" files containing stuff like
   <![if !supportMisalignedColumns]>
generated by Excel and seemingly accepted by IE5.5, which is widely described
as an HTML system...it's not an HTML system? I'm shocked, shocked.

(Actually, I _was_ shocked when I saw it, and as quickly as possible
learned to strip it all out with tidy using "word-2000=yes" so I could
pass the spreadsheet through a stylesheet. I dunno.)

Tom Myers