call-template does not find named template in same stylesheet

I have 2 stylesheets, 1st stylesheet does a bunch of imports.  2nd
stylesheet calls named templates (the named templates are defined in the
imported stylesheets.

In the 2nd stylesheet, I have defined a named template.  There is a
template by the same name in one of the stylesheets imported in 1st stylesheet.

My problem is that when I call the template in the second stylesheet, I
expect it to resolve to the local named template, but it does not.  The
template "test" in the imported stylesheet is being called.

Here is my stylesheet:  I am calling "named-template" from stylesheet 1.  I
expect by calling the named template "test", it would resolve to the one in
the same stylesheet, however, it is resolving to the "test" template
imported by stylesheet 1.
(abbreviated)

<xsl:template name="named-template">
	<xsl:call-template name="test"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="test">
	<h1>This is a local test</h1>
</xsl:template>

Thanks....been beating my head on this one.