Using XSLT for Searching

Hello all,

I am using msxml3. I would like to be able to perform a client-side search
using XSLT. The search string will be entered into an input box, thereafter
the search results are to be displayed.
How easy is this to do? Can anyone supply the basic logic? I have tried
using an xsl:variable to represent the value of the string entered into the
input box, but nothing seems to be happening. Is this the correct approach?
Thanks in anticipation.

Bryan