Re: TransformerConfigurationException

From: Mahesh V Kondwilkar <maheshk@cis.ksu.edu>
> 		 I was using Xalan till now, and now I have switched to
> Saxon. My code compiles fine, but when i try to run it, I get this dump:
> _________
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: java.net.UnknownHostException: cis
[snip]
> 		 Line 37 of XSLTApplier is
> Templates templates
> = tf.newTemplates(new StreamSource("cligenFormat.xsl"));

This ist your problem. The StreamSource(String) constructor
takes an URL, and the StreamSource implementation you are using
feeds it right into the java.net resolution mechanism. Inconvenient
but correct behaviour.

You appear to try to open a local file. The following will always
work for this case
    new StreamSource(new File("cligenFormat.xsl"))
You'll have to import java.io.File into your source.

You may also try to upgrade to Saxon 6.4 which should pass the
parameter through an URIResolver which ought to resolve local
files correctly.

HTH
J.Pietschmann