Selecting a node set

I think the answer is before me, but I need more eyes to look at this and
help me with the solution.

My problem is I need to identify a current node based on the subsequent
node.  The following code gives me a true for each node that I want to keep
and a false for the ones I don't want.  Unfortunatly, I need it in the form
of a select.

	<xsl:for-each select="endTime">
		<xsl:value-of select="count(
following-sibling::endTime[1]/interval[@channelDetailId =
current()/interval/@channelDetailId] ) != count( current()/interval ) ">
	</xsl:for-each>

As soon as I try something like:

	<xsl:value-of select="endTime[ count(
following-sibling::endTime[1]/interval[@channelDetailId =
current()/interval/@channelDetailId] ) != count( current()/interval ) ]"/>

That of course doesn't work ( I believe that is beacuse current() doesn't
actually behave the same as it does in the for loop).

Any ideas?

TIA

-Tony