WYSIWYG editor for XSL:fo using XML tags

I am looking for an editor to create an XSL that allows me to take XML and
create a fully formatted output. Sort of like the mail merge feature in
winword, I want to select certain data elements (from an XML-DTD or an XML
itself, using Xpath) and put it in a template. This template needs to be
nicely formatted with graphics and all.

I want to use the resulting XSL to go from my XML to an FO file which I
then render to PDF using FOP. Has anyone done this before ? Writing the
formatting by hand really is not the way to go.

Thanks !