Re:Re: how can I compare two xml files ?

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, André Mengel wrote:

>> I want to compare two XML-files in order to test if they have
>> the same content.

> Do you mean just text (character data) content, or element
> content as well? Eg
>
>    <para>He said he was happy.</para>

> Are these two considered the same content? or not?

> ///Peter

Hello Peter,

thank you for your fast reply.
But I am not quite sure what you mean with element content.
Referring to your second example I think you mean mixed content type.
If this is the case, I have to answer that it is not necessary to
support mixed content type.
With same content of XML-Files I mean that two XML-Files are
some kind of canonical equivalent.
So also the names of the tags and the attributes have to be the same.
Character data of an element containing ignorable whitespace would be for
example canonical equivalent to the same character data without the
ignorable
whitespace.

Best regards

André Mengel