RE: XML source with DOCTYPE declaration

> I got some XML files I have to transform using XSLT. These
> XML files did
> not contain a DOCTYPE declaration. I made the XSLT stylesheet
> as it was
> requested and everything worked fine.
> Then I added a DOCTYPE declaration to the XML file. As it is an XHTML
> Basic document, I added:

It's probably the same as the SVG problem posted on this list a couple of
days ago: check whether the DTD includes any namespace declarations as FIXED
attribute values. If it does, then including the DTD changes the namespace
URI of your elements, which invalidates your stylesheet.

Mike Kay
Software AG