XHTML friendly XSL processor

I'm tired of fighting with the Microsoft processor...
Is there an XHTML friendly XSL processor ?

I have in my 'xsl:output' tag the 'method=xml'  but when I try to use :
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;nbsp;</xsl:text>

It seems the output method is automatically changed to 'html' and screws
everything up.

All I get is :
	<HTML><HEAD>
	<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
	<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Dwight Funk
POWERWAY, Inc.
(317) 566-5401
MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT
IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL
AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the
recipient or an employee or agent responsible  for delivering the message to
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by E-Mail and return the original message to the sender.  Thank
you.