DTD help!

Hello everyone,
This is a DTD question. I tried to search on the list
but couldnt find any information. I have a DTD
definition of an element like this:

 <!ELEMENT Session(#PCDATA)>
  <!ATTLIST Session id ID #REQUIRED>

When I looked at the spec, it says the attribute value
of id should always a *valid* xml name. So, I should
always start with a letter. This, in my case (as a
matter of fact, many cases where usually IDs are
numeric), doesnt work, since Session IDs are always
numeric.

keeping in the mind that i have to make sure all my
session elements have to different, is there any way
to get around this?

Thanks