XSLT Programmer's Reference 2nd Edition

I've had many requests asking what will be new in XSLT Programmer's
Reference 2nd edition, which will be available (from Wrox Press) in the next
few weeks. So I hope I can be allowed an announcement.

(No, I don't know the exact date of availability. It's currently in the
final production stages, which mercifully I don't get involved with).

The new content falls into three categories:

- expanded and updated information on XSLT products, especially MSXML3,
Oracle, Saxon, Xalan, but also including summary information on a dozen or
so other products.

- information about the XSLT 1.1 working draft. Initially the book was
planned on the asumption that XSLT 1.1 would be finalized before the book
was; it became clear during the writing that this wouldn't be the case, but
because nearly all the features in the XSLT 1.1 draft are based on features
that exist in current products, I decided that it was still worthwhile to
include this information, while flagging it clearly as being still subject
to change.

- extra examples and explanations, particularly in areas that have become
FAQs on this list and elsewhere. For example, there's a lot more on grouping
techniques.

I hope also that the index will be greatly improved: this has been perhaps
the biggest criticism of the first edition.

People also ask me, if they already own a copy of the first edition, whether
it's worth their while replacing it with the second. The answer, of course,
has to be yes.

Mike Kay
Software AG