Re: Using XPath for node assignment

Hello Andrew,

using a XPath expression you can only define a set of nodes but not change
the nodes directly. But if you only want to change node values (and not the
tree structure) you can use XPath to select a set of nodes (represented by
a data structure of the XPath implementation) and then let your program
loop over the nodes in the set and assign a new value to them. Could be a
very elegant solution compared to a direct manipulation of a DOM tree.

Johannes