Re: Ridiculous XPath expression, can I reduce it?

^W on emacs (or ^X on a windows-y editor would probably make it
smaller...)

> which basically finds all the elements that exist below any given
> <input.form> tag but not below an <input.link> tag.

does it?

If I didn't look at the sample code you'd posted I'd code the requested
selection as

.//*[ancestor::input.form and not(ancestor::input.link)]

The code you posted seemed to be doing something with @done
and also checking there was exactly one ancestor.

Also it restricted * to a fixed list of element names.

You may change * in the above to

*[self::input.hidden or self::input.text or ....]
if you really need this restriction.

David