Re: [XSL-FO] Re: RE: element-available() question

At 02:53 27-03-2001, Carmelo Montanez wrote:
>     does anyone here have a working example (or know how) of
>  how the "aural" properties of the xsl-fo work.  I read the specs
>and was looking at "azimuth" but it was not obvious to me how do you
>define the source of your sound.

It's not clear exactly what your question is.

To use XSL for audio presentation, you transform your XML into blocks and
inline sequences, just as for print.  In addition to the visual properties
that every FO has by default, there are also aural properties.  As with the
visual properties, you can override those defaults.

The azimuth property controls the horizontal apparent origin of the
sound.  This can be used, for example, to present multiple people speaking
as appearing to originate from different points in space.  An angle can be
used, or a keyword.  The elevation property can be used to control the
vertical apparent origin.  Obviously, this only works if surround sound is
available.

HTH,
Chris
--