Re: namespace values

Peter Flynn wrote:
> Oh dear :-) [...] I think
> your not-so-humble opinion above is dead accurate, Mike.

Thanks, and sorry if I offended anyone. I have great respect for all the
contributors; they could specify all of us into oblivion, I'm sure. ;)

I just lost interest in both the RDDL and EXSLT discussions because I
apparently missed the posts that said why these things were so necessary.
What reason do these specs have to exist? What problems do they solve? Who
should be reading them and building implementations around them? No one
has bothered to put this information in the specs themselves. Look at the
XSLT spec, for example. There is an Abstract at the top that says exactly
what XSLT is designed for and how it relates not only to other specs but
also to more tangible activities.

All right, to be fair, in the case of EXSLT, the justification is in there
somewhere, but it is in a verbose discussion deep in one of the secondary
documents, rather than in concisely in the main introduction(s). Again, I
have great respect for Jeni and all the others who contributed, but I
don't think I'm alone when I say I wish I knew why I should be keeping up
with the discussion for it.

   - Mike