Working with QNames in values

Hi,

I'm working with WSDL, which uses QNames in attribute values, but i'm
having a hard time resolving the namespace-uri's from these, e.g.

<foo xmlns:xsd="http://...">
<bar type="xsd:string" />
</foo>

In my XSLT (or more correctly, my schematron based schema), i want to
be able to resolve the namespace uri of the xsd:string QName. I was
hoping that the namspace-uri function would do it, but that returns
the namespace uri of the attribute, not the value.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Simon