RE: 2.1 Must Allow Matching on Default Namespace Without Explicit Prefix

> But you still didn't answer my question. Will the default
> namespace be used
> to evaluate XPath expressions? I know they're different
> specs, but I think
> inconsistency there would cause even more confusion.

What's published so far is a requirements statement. Don't assume that
anyone knows what the solution to the requirement will be. It's quite
possible that the working group will decide that there's no acceptable
solution that meets the compatibility goals. All the requirements statement
says is that there's a recognized problem that needs to be addressed.

Mike Kay