From: Kevin Duffey [mailto:kevin.duffey@home.com]
Sent: February 15, 2001 10:01
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting &, >, <, ", and other odd-ball
characters...

Hi there,

I am sorry..but I don't quite understand your reply. What is a potential
security risk? I thought about using the browser via JavaScript to do
this..the problem is I would have to convert the characters at runtime
before the form is submitted to their proper &esc; sequence. The problem
with that is, we use the data in XML, as well as for other purposes, and we
don't want to store HTML specific character sequences. We want the
server-side to see the actual characters, but only the "view" would see the
HTML specific characters (provided the view is a web browser and not a
teller machine or something like that).

Can you elaborate a bit on what you meant?

Thanks.