Re: XSLT 1.1 comments

>  Steve Muench
>
> > Grouping primitives are being tackled for XSLT 2.0
> > based on a set of use cases culled from the XSL FAQ
> > and ones submitted here on XSL-List (in addition
> > to ones that the working group came up with).
> >
> > These use cases will be published as part of the
> > XSLT 2.0 requirements document, when made publically
> > available soon on the W3C site.
>
> My preference would be for the group to bring that work forward
> and leave xsl:script until version 2.
> 25

Agreed.  Given typical XSLT use-case, I think grouping primitives and regular
expressions should be added to the language.  Then we should try to get XSLT
implementors to talk about important extensions that go beyond understandable
XSLT WG conservatism.  Then, if after a while this clearly is not working, we
can consider hacking the language to put in xsl:script.