Re: XSLT 1.1 comments (node equality)

[trying to alter the subject headings, to split the thread up a bit]

> how about "==" for a "same-node" operator,
> complete with usual node-set comparison sematics?

scary!

will lead to user errors re = v == confusion (people already get
confused between "and" and "&&" even though the latter isn't mentioned
in the spec, and would be illegal XML) Also this would require a change
to XPath. (I suppose XPath will change one day but harder than changing
XSLT as there is no equivalent of the version attribute to flag changes)

a prefix form would be safer: same-node(a,b) although that's probably a
bad name since a and b would be node sets, even if they were "." .

David