Re: hyperlinks

On Friday, February 02, 2001 9:04 AM
David Carlisle wrote:

> It does work with UTf8 the original posting in this thread
demonstrated
> that, it showed the correct output of character 160 in utf8 (which
is a
> two byte sequence, one of which looks like an accented A if you
> mistakenly read the file with a latin1 encoded application window)

If anybody following this thread is still mystified by the underlying
encoding issues, they're all explained in Mike Brown's
"reintroduction" to xml at
http://skew.org/xml/tutorial/
But you do have to know a bit of elementary computer science
terminology to follow his explanations fully.

If people have problems with getting their browser to recognize the
encoding of documents they've created using XSLT, I'd be glad to share
my struggles on this issue with them by private email, since it's not
really an XSLT topic, tho XSLT involving non-Latin encodings often
brings the issue to light. I'm also painfully gaining information
about errors/inconsistencies in the Unicode mappings of Chinese
characters, which would be irrelevant and boring to explain here, but
if anyone is hitting problems in that area with their XSLT output,
again I'd be glad to help out by private email.

Michael