Re: Character encoding in MSXML 3.0 from VB

   Hi,
	   I have a rather strange problem with MSXML, given the following xml

   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <mydoc>
	   he said &#145;yes&#146;
   </mydoc>

   I should be able to extract the text, (with the quotes being open and close):
	   he said 'yes'

   however, MSXML insists on returning
	   he said ?yes?

&#145; would specify character number 145 in unicode, but there is no
such character. The quotes may be in position 145 in an encoding used
by your operating system but that is irrelevant here. The file is in
encoding UTF-8 (as you have specified no encoding) and whatever the
encoding of the file, the &# notation always refers to unicode numbers.

The left and right single quotes are 8216 and 8217

David