Re: check if nodes match xpath expression

From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:21:46 -0800 (PST)
> Consider the fact that IE is a browser with one of the best XML/XSL
> built-in support and also used by 70-80% of all users, and you could
> understand why many developers do not believe in universal solutions
> and do not feel enough masochistic to try to implement such.

Losing 20-30% of your customers by using proprietary software is a bad
way to do business.  Portability is very important to me.  It also
lets your software live longer as nonstandard extensions tend to get
left by the way side in future implementations.

Now, on the practical side, as a real world developer if there's no
other way to do it, then that's obviously the way you got to do it,
standards or not.  Which leads me to: what's the process for keeping
XSL/XPATH up to date?  My 2-3 months experience with them suggest that
they need more enrichment (mostly in the area of standard functions).

regards,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools    (510) 869-3462 or x73462
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.