----------xml-------------
<xml>
<row m=1 y=1999 v=3 />
<row m=1 y=2000 v=43 />
<row m=2 y=1999 v=6 />
<row m=2 y=2000 v=56 />
</xml>
--------------------------
and xsl like this (only relevant part is quoted to save space):
-------------xsl----------
<xsl:for-each select="//row[@m=1]">
</xsl:for-each>
Now, I am trying to get sum of values for a particular m (stands for month,
of course). I tried:
If I try:
rather than sum of v's for a particular month. Is there a simple
solution to my problem without transforming the original file to
some intermediate format?

Thanks a lot for any ideas,

Shimon