RE: DTD, XML schema, RDF,RELAX which one

> " Which schema and validation technology is going to be the
> best choice
> when using XSL in the short, medium and long term future "

This doesn't sound like an XSLT question but I'll give you an XSLT answer.
For data-oriented documents, DTD validation is almost useless. Schema
validation is considerably better, but still has a lot of gaps, e.g. in
validating cross-field consistency. So I'd say that doing validation using
XSLT is a useful short-term answer (because Schema isn't generally available
yet), and will also be a useful medium-term answer (because it can validate
more thoroughly than Schema can).

By "validation using XSLT", I mean writing a stylesheet that produces <OK/>
as its output if the input is valid, or a document containing error messages
otherwise.

Mike Kay