From: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Terris
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 11:54 AM
To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: A new twist on attributes vs elements

I agree with you about prefering attributes
but I ran into the case where
column names don't follow xml-names.  For
example depending on the vendor the names
can contain spaces.

Which means you can't use column names
as element names either.

Major bummer...

This is what I had to settle with...

<column name='foo'>data</column>

You could put the data in an attribute
as you like....

Furthermore if a column value is null how
would you represent that with attributes.

e.g.

<column name='foo' xsd:isnull='true'/>

I'm not sure if the XSD spec supports null
attribute values.