XML vis-a-vis objects (was: <xsl:value-of select="/ROW[$row]/@$col"/>)

> I have always viewed my XML documents like Objects. An object
> gets a tag of
> its own, properties of the object are represented as
> attributes unless they
> are sub-objects in which case they get their own tag within
> the parent.
>
> Perhaps there is a better conceptual model to use? I would
> appreciate the
> enlightenment.

I, too, think of XML attributes like object attributes, and
contained XML elements like sub-objects within an object.  So
that turns "how do I decide what should be an attribute and
what should be a sub-element" into "what should be an object
attribute and what should be a sub-object".  While there is some
comfort in knowing these two are the same question, I don't
feel it really brings me any closer to an answer to either.