re: XSL files and HTML frames

I've only deal with IE5, so I can't speak for Netscape, but for browsing
with IE5, it's fine to just put the names of the XML files for the src,
e.g.,

  <frame src="top.xml" name="top" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"
noresize=""/>

Note that you have to put the name of the XML file that contains the data,
not the XSL file... your XML file will specify which XSL to use for that
data.
   The only issue is that IE5 as shipped (including IE5.5 (which, as an
aside, has problems with internal jumps via button in frames)) isn't XSL
compliant, so you have to upgrade to MSXML3 (July release or later), or if
you can't make sure that all potential users upgrade to the MSXML3, you have
to use the old namespace in your XSL
  <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">

(and generate Microsoft's version of XSL--which is quite limited--instead of
true XSL)
instead of the current

  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

Otherwise, you won't see most of your output.

Eric

...Has anyone worked with frames and XSLT?  I want to include content
from three xsl files (the top, bottom, and middle content) into frames in
another xsl file.  In html this would work like this:

<frameset rows="70,*,70" cols="*" frameborder="no" border="0"
framespacing="0">
	<frame src="top.html" name="top" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"
noresize=""/>
	<frame src="toDo.html" name="content" frameborder="no"
scrolling="auto" noresize=""/>
       <frame src="bottom.html" name="bottom" frameborder="no"
scrolling="no" noresize=""/>
</frameset>

The above code would include the three html files into three different
frames of one screen.  But I need to use XSLT instead of just straight HTML.
I have top.xsl, toDo.xsl, and bottom.xsl but how do I include these in HTML
frames.  Has anyone done this?  Can it be done?

Thanks in advance,
Heather