Using Extension functions

Listers,

I've created an extension function (javaclass) and am calling it from
within the xsl.

			xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
			version = "1.0">

		<xsl:template match="extensiontest">
			The return value of the funcion call is : <xsl:value-of
select="java:net.unicon.xml.XSLExtFunctions.test()"/>

		</xsl:template>
	</xsl:stylesheet>

The call works fine if I jar the class and put it in my extension
directory of my jdk but it doesn't find the class if I leave it in its
classpath directory. I am having to jar the class up with the package
directory structure and putting in the extension directory instead of
leaving in my classpath.

Can anyone tell my why my xsl processor doesn't read my classpath?  All
Xalan documentation that I have says that it should.
I'm processing with Xalan using jdk1.2.2.

Thanks

Allen Haws
Unicon Inc.

Email:  joeshmoe@unicon.net