Re: More namespaces and XSLT

Raimond Brookman wrote:
>  <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
> [...]
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

You should also submit a bug report for not getting the UTF-8 encoding you
requested.

> After reading some more in Michael Kay's book, I expected no namespace
> declarations in the output because of exclude-result-prefixes.

I was just reading about this stuff again yesterday to understand why I
needed to specify exclude-result-prefixes in included stylesheets, not
just the master. (exclude-result-prefixes only has scope in the document
it appears in, which makes sense now that I think about it)

Anyway as far as I can see, your expectation was correct. You are saying
you want to exclude declarations for namespace nodes that are for the
namespace URIs identified by certain prefixes in your stylesheet. The
nodes you copied from the source tree have some of those namespace URIs.
The prefixes in the source document shouldn't matter.

   - Mike