RE: key(). ( Re: Saxon VS XT )

Still curious on the other thing Michael:

As I referred, I am playing with that idea of using indexing in
order to transform a very long XML source stream (even using a
local disk temporary storage).

The theory sounds nice to me... but I never built a XSLT engine.

Does it sound like something that might be done or is it just
nonsense?

Thanks,
Paulo